Friday 11 September 2009

Habitat Wall

Last weekend Sam and I went to Pestival at the South Bank Centre. We met up with friends and wandered around some of the activities and exhibits, and on the way home I bought some insect deeley-boppers for Sam and some delicious 'Linden Wood' honey from the Slow Food market outside the Royal Festival Hall.
The London Wildlife Trust had an excellent stand with activities and, amongst other things, a Habitat Wall on display. I want to build one in the garden by the pear tree. They are beautiful- art meets insect home. Le Corbusier meets the beetles, if you get my drift (wood).

Easy and fun to construct and create, the instructions for doing so are here: http://www.wildlondon.org.uk/Miniguides/Creatingahabitatwall/tabid/443/Default.aspx
Not strictly anything to do with growing fruit, veg and herbs but I am going to incorporate this side project here as well and aim to have it in place by spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment