Friday 16 July 2010

(Don't) Make Room For The Mushrooms


Mushrooms sprang up in the raised bed with the tomatoes growing in it, next to the last few remaining beetroot. They were also lurking nearby and trying to attach themselves to the largest kohl rabi. I think they were possibly poisonous, or 'magic', mushrooms.

I dug them all up - a couple had a blue-ish tinge to them and I made sure to remove the soil around and directly under them as well. It looked full of whitish mould. I am not sure if I needed to do this but better safe than sorry!


The dwarf beans are growing and the first of the 'tumbling tom' tomatoes have appeared.

I staked the sunflowers and the delphinium and have been weeding, weeding, weeding.

I aim to plant up my pots of spinach and salad leaves on the patio later.

And find a space for some broccoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment