Thursday 20 August 2009

Wednesday August 19, 2009

Yesterday I began to cut down the brambles and clear the space. I worked for three and a half hours. It was a glorious day and I made a good start. Although this is a small space in the back garden of my Dad's house, in the midst of surburbia, it felt momentous- the beginning of something meaningful and life-changing.

It seems apposite that I embarked on this new direction on my wedding anniversary. Nine years ago I went through that rite of passage which at the time was exciting and life-changing and, I thought, offered all kinds of new opportunities for building a shared future with someone I loved. It didn't work out and after several years of separation last year I finally got divorced.



August 19th is now transformed into the anniversary of the day I started to garden in earnest.





No comments:

Post a Comment